How to register online on eshram.gov.in?
India – The Ministry of Labour and Employment launched the e-Shram portal under the Government of India on August 26, 2021, for creating a National Database of Unorganised Workers (NDUW).
The e-Shram portal will collect the data of migrant workers, construction workers, gig workers, waiters, domestic help and platform workers.
After registration on the portal, workers will receive their e-Shram card with a unique 12 digit number. The 12 digit number will be permanent and will remain unchanged for the worker’s life.
Benefits of e-Shram Card
- After enrollment, the workers will receive a 2 lacs accidental insurance cover under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- In emergency and national pandemic situations, this database may be utilised to provide necessary assistance to the eligible unorganised workers.
Who can register?
- Any worker aged between 16 and 59 and working in the unorganized sector who is not a member of ESIC or EPFO or not a Government employee is eligible for the e-Shram card.
- The members of the E-Shram portal will no longer have to register for any other government social welfare program.
Documents Required to register at the e-Shram portal
- Aadhar number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar card
- Savings Bank Account Number with IFSC code
e-Shram Card: How to Register
- Visit the official website of the e-shram portal: eshram.gov.in.
- You will get ‘Register on e-SHRAM’ on the side of the page.
- Click on ‘Register on E-Shram’
- Enter your phone number which is linked with your Aadhaar Card
- Enter the captcha code
- Click on Send OTP
- Enter the OTP, and the registration form for e-Shram will open.
- Read instructions and follow.
- Fill in the details including personal, educational and bank details
- Upload all papers
- Click on Submit.
- Your registration is completed.
After registration, print a copy and keep it with yourself.
Follow these steps and you can easily register on the e-Shram portal. We would like to know your opinion about the benefits of the e-Shram Card.