4 were rescued – a fire break at ahmedabad textile
The fire department said on Friday moring that a fire broke out at a textile market in Ahmedabad’s Panchkuva area. Not any major casualty reported by the press, the foure workers were resued.
The incident happened at a commercial building which had at least 75 textile shops in it. Consisting of basement, ground floor and three floors thereof.
On Friday at morning of 9:30 am the fire started , the Om Jadeja Ahmedabad divisional fire officer said this that they got a call of incident at 9:36 am in the morning. Fire tenders rushed to the spot from Panchkuwa Fire Station to Rahul Complex, which is 1.5 km away. The situation was brought under control in 20 minutes.
The incident of fire was caused because of a short circuit in the electricity meter panel on the second-floor stairwell. overloading may be the cause of it.
Ahmedabad circle fire officer Jadeja said there were four caretakers in the building where the incident took place today. The two were cleaning the second floor at the time of the incident, and other two were sleeping at the third floor when the incident took place.
On this building there was only one route to escape but that was in fire. The team brought both the trapped people to the third floor, at the same time arranged to douse the fire. After then they all four were rescued by using extension ladder from the third floor.
Now the question is arising that who is responsible for such deadly incidents? The question of the rights of the workers!